Swindon IVC Committee
Swindon IVC is run by a committee elected by the club members at the Annual General Meeting each November.
The positions on the committee are given in the following list. Not all posts are necessarily filled at any time:-
- Chair - chairs the Club Committee meetings and ensures the Club is run in the interests of all the members.
- Publicity Officer - promotes Swindon IVC to Swindon and the surrounding areas using various media.
- Treasurer - controls the Club‘s finances, including subscriptions, event subsidies and other expenses. The budget is presented at the AGM for the members to approve.
- Secretary - keeps records of Committee meetings and other Club business.
- Activities Co-ordinator - maintains and co-ordinates the calender of forthcoming events which is passed on to the Programme Editor. Encourages and helps members to put on events for their club.
- Membership Secretary - controls the Club‘s membership system, including processing of subscription renewals. Answers enquiries about membership of the Club.
- Programme Editor - creates the impressive programme of events booklet each month.
- Association Liaison Officer (ALO) - the main contact committee officer for the Association of IVCs (AIVC) and other IVC groups. Also promotes contact with local clubs to encourage a wider range of activities for the club program.
- Webmaster - maintains the Club‘s website and email systems.
- Ordinary Member - experienced Club member who is there to assist the Committee across the full range of the Club‘s activities.